To kick off the Holiday season, the FanSided network has partnered up with Site5 (our terrific hosting company) on a seasonal charity drive to raise money for a great cause — the Boys and Girls Club of America. What better cause than a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children, especially one that uses a heavy dosage of sports to reach those kids. This Holiday season, we here at the FanSided family are thankful for our growing network, our great hosting company (Site5) and, most of all, how fortunate we are. That’s why our family is giving back and asking you and your family to help us do so. Our goal is $5,000, and every bit helps — even a donation of $5 or $10.
To donate to the FanSided and Site5 Holiday Season Charity Drive and help us help the BGCA help our children, visit this link.
Here are some things I’m hopeful for in the sports world this coming Holiday season and into next year:
- The Packers continuing to play great defense.
- Aaron Rodgers continue his ascent as a great QB.
- The Packers finding some kind of running game.
- The Packers winning the Super Bowl.
- The Bucks turning it around, quickly.
- The Bucks finding a rotation that works.
- Brandon Jennings continuing his development as a Point Guard.
- John Salmons either showing up or the Bucks giving up on him and hand his minutes over to CDR and Corey Maggette.
- If the Bucks cannot turn it around, I hope for a trade that gives us hope for the future with players and picks. The current roster does not need Salmons, Delfino, Maggettee, Mbah a Moute, Illyasova, and Gooden. Those six players need to be cut to four.
- I really hope True Grit will be as good as I think it will be.