For months now, most people have expected Greg Monroe to be traded. Especially after Miles Plumlee got his huge deal in free agency, the consensus was that the Moose had to be cut loose for the good of the young Bucks.
More from Behind the Buck Pass
- Bucks 2023-24 player profile: Can MarJon Beauchamp take a leap?
- Piecing together the Milwaukee Bucks’ dream starting 5 in 5 years
- Predicting Thanasis Antetokounmpo’s 2023-24 stats for the Bucks
- Grade the trade: Bucks land reputable backup guard in swap with Pacers
- New workout video should have Milwaukee Bucks fans excited
He’s still here, and the word on the street is that his trade value is currently around zilch. Is it still realistic to expect Monroe to be gone from Milwaukee by the start of the season?
It’s hard to tell at this point. More importantly though, the best way for Greg Monroe to improve for next season would be being somewhere else. After all of the ugliness that occurred last season, both Monroe and the Bucks need a fresh start.
As far as real expectations for Monroe’s game, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him come back with a vengeance next season, wherever he’s playing. He won’t change his game much at this stage, but he could improve on his interior scoring, rebounding and post passing.
It will be fascinating to see how Monroe rebounds from probably his most disappointing season as a pro, and even more fascinating to see which team he’s with when he does it.
Greg Monroe could be on the Milwaukee Bucks next season, or he could be gone. Either way, expect a slightly updated version of the same old Moose.