Signing Steve Novak is a popular move around Wisconsin, but it’s also predictable and not that great in terms of actually building a rotation.
More from Behind the Buck Pass
- Bucks 2023-24 player profile: Can MarJon Beauchamp take a leap?
- Piecing together the Milwaukee Bucks’ dream starting 5 in 5 years
- Predicting Thanasis Antetokounmpo’s 2023-24 stats for the Bucks
- Grade the trade: Bucks land reputable backup guard in swap with Pacers
- New workout video should have Milwaukee Bucks fans excited
Novak doesn’t have his best stuff anymore, and will struggle to find consistent minutes. There were players who could’ve added more to Milwaukee in a pinch than Novak, but the Bucks went in this direction anyway.
This signing isn’t going to tank Milwaukee’s season or anything like that, but there will be times that Bucks fans will seriously ponder why their team lacks a true backup small forward. NBA seasons are long, which is why depth is so damn important.
These Bucks are deeper than last year’s team at least. Even if Novak doesn’t have too much to contribute on the floor, hopefully his leadership can help the team
Final Grade: D
Steve Novak may not be leading the NBA in three-point percentage again anytime soon, but hopefully he can continue to bolster his Wisconsin sports resume through a good tenure with the Milwaukee Bucks.