The Milwaukee Bucks will soon be gearing up for playoff basketball, but which Eastern Conference matchups look most favorable and which may cause problems?
Who says bracketology is only for NCAA March Madness? With the Milwaukee Bucks having secured their place in the playoffs, it seems like a good time to start looking ahead to how their postseason adventure could play out.
The Bucks should be confident no matter who they share the court with, but each opponent carries their own wrinkles in how they might compete against Giannis Antetokounmpo and Co.
More from Bucks News
- Bucks 2023-24 player profile: Can MarJon Beauchamp take a leap?
- Piecing together the Milwaukee Bucks’ dream starting 5 in 5 years
- Predicting Thanasis Antetokounmpo’s 2023-24 stats for the Bucks
- Grade the trade: Bucks land reputable backup guard in swap with Pacers
- New workout video should have Milwaukee Bucks fans excited
With Milwaukee still very much on course for the conference’s top seed, and home court advantage throughout, the Bucks will be expected to roundly dispatch potential First-Round opponents, although in a jumbled race there’ll be multiple teams currently dreaming of causing an upset.
Beyond that, as long as everything goes to plan, the Bucks will then be slated to go head-to-head with the teams that have been in the discussion with them, and virtually locked into the East’s top-5, throughout the year.
With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at all of the possible Eastern Conference playoff matchups the Bucks may face, ranking them from what I see to be the most comfortable to the most challenging for Milwaukee.